[Techtalk] Ubuntu menu falling apart

Anne Wainwright anotheranne at fables.co.za
Tue Aug 24 19:10:51 UTC 2010

Hello, Carla,

That's a useful thingy. I have experimented this evening with it on the
laptop, will try it on the office machines tomorrow.

mmm.
$ smartctl -H -d ata /dev/sda
SMART overall-health self-assessment test result: PASSED

but some errors listed which I will keep my eye on.

I found more detailed information on this link, but the linuxplanet
link you gave is the one to get you going.

http://www.linuxjournal.com/magazine/monitoring-hard-disks-smart?page=0,0

bestest
Anne