[Techtalk] DNS problem with wireles internet

Wim De Smet kromagg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 07:54:21 UTC 2010

That is odd.

The nameserver addresses should be written to /etc/resolv.conf. Check
what it says. If you know the router IP you could try using dig
(dnsutils package, not sure if it's installed in 9.04) to query it
directly. On the command line:
dig @IP <somehost>

Considering that it works as root, perhaps check if /etc/resolv.conf
has the right permissions (should be readable for everyone).

cheers,
Wim