[Techtalk] Access pc at home from anywhere

nuhaa cawan.nuhaa at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 11:29:21 UTC 2010

hi all,

i'm sure the topic is not new but it is to me. i've been trying to get my
home pc accessible from the internet. right now i'd like be able to get the
files/songs/etc from this home pc to the pc at work (which also runs on
ubuntu). i have googled and i think i've probably missed something somewhere
coz i keep getting this error on router's log file - *login attempt for
nonexistant user. *on client side spit out this error *Read from socket
failed: Connection reset by peer*
*
*
i'm not sure as to why that error came out. as the user i'm trying to log in
as does exist, and i dont really understand the second error.
*
*
i'm using ubuntu desktop edition, the router is aztech DSL605EW

what i have done:
- i have installed openssh-server on the pc
- i have signed up at DynDNS.com and have set it properly on the router
- on router, i have set port forwarding (22 for ssh, 80 for apache)
- have set static ip for the pc

if anyone can help me, i very much appreciate it!

thanks

Nuhaa All Bakry / cawanpink
http://cawanpink.net
http://fosschix.my