[Techtalk] lpr prints a blank page at end

Wim De Smet kromagg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 11:38:49 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 8:16 PM, Anne Wainwright
<anotheranne at fables.co.za> wrote:
> Hello, Wim,
>
> Thanks, you might have located the issue.
>

> On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 11:17:51 +0200
> Wim De Smet <kromagg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I think the paper size problem is more likely l, but I did notice you
>> used "jobsheet" instead of "jobsheets".
>
> Something along these lines may have been the cause of this
> issue. currently
>
> $ lpoptions      outputs:
>
> ......job-priority=50 job-sheets=none jobsheets=none lpi=6 ........
>
> and according to the cups help 'job-sheets' is the correct form. This
> is not in ~/.cups/lpoptions and there is no other lpoptions file. Where
> can I edit this?

Most of the cups configuration can be edited through the web interface
(localhost:631) or the files in /etc/cups/ on my system. I wouldn't
read too much into the jobsheets setting. It's probably just a default
that it's showing because you asked to see all the options. Seems both
spellings are documented so cups probably supports both of them.

Most likely it's a bug in the PPD file. Could you try switching to a
HPLIP driver instead? Or if you're using that, use a PPD?

regards,
Wim