[Techtalk] Ruby/Perl Tutorials

Mike kenziem at sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 20 02:11:44 UTC 2010

On Thursday 15 April 2010 11:31:59 Little Girl wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> I thought I'd jump in here at the last minute and add a twist to the
> conversation as an outsider looking in. I'm not a programmer, so I'll
> be coming at this from a different direction.
>
> From all the replies you got, I get the impression that the language
> you choose has more to do with what you'd enjoy using and be comfortable
> with than one language being better than another, so if I were you, I'd try
> them all and see which one I take to like a fish to water, and then go with
> that one.

One of the standards is to write a hello world program
this site is a collection of such programs in a 428 different  languages

http://www.roesler-ac.de/wolfram/hello.htm

Read through the list and see how this simple task is done in each language
then install the ones you find interesting.

I once wrote an assignment in APL rather than pascal.  It was 10 lines long, 7
of those were comments.  The pascal program was at least a  thousands times
longer.

--
Collector of vintage computers http://www.ncf.ca/~ba600