[Techtalk] Ruby/Perl Tutorials

Chris Wilson chris+linuxchix at aptivate.org
Tue Apr 13 20:57:31 UTC 2010

Hi Bethany,

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010, Bethany Seeger wrote:

> Do you know of any good ruby and/or perl tutorials?  I'm fluent in C,
> and know a bit of Java, C++... and some scripting. I've played with Ruby
> some, but am looking for a good tutorial on learning more.

I learned Ruby from Why the Lucky Stiff's amazing and somewhat disturbing
book, which I highly recommend and you can read for free online here:

  http://mislav.uniqpath.com/poignant-guide/book/chapter-1.html

I learned Perl from the O'Really book "Learning Perl", which I also highly
recommend, if you really insist on learning Perl. I think Python might
help you preserve your sanity, though.

Cheers, Chris.
--
Aptivate | http://www.aptivate.org | Phone: +44 1223 760887
The Humanitarian Centre, Fenner's, Gresham Road, Cambridge CB1 2ES

with company number 04980791.