[Techtalk] confused malware terminology? 'Trojan virus'

Michael Fisher desnotes at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 17:27:14 UTC 2009

I think you are correct Carla that they just mixed up their terms. After
reading the article it seems to bea Trojan Horse and not a virus. In my
experience a virus just does damage when it is loaded whereas a
Trojan Horse installs itself and waits to be triggered by certain actions.

Wikipedia seems to agree with us but also points out that "Viruses are
sometimes confused with computer
worms<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_worm>
 and Trojan horses <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trojan_Horse_(Computing)>,
which are technically different."

All in all, a pretty sophistacated Trojan Horse.

Mike
--
Michael Fisher
desNotes at gmail.com