[Techtalk] Any interest in a Statistics/R course/study group?
a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 02:14:37 UTC 2009
On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 12:03 AM, Akkana Peck<akkana at shallowsky.com> wrote:
> Several of us on IRC were just talking about statistics
> and the R project for statistics and data visualization:
> and how we'd like to learn more about this topic, but it's
> tough to get started and to figure out what you need to learn.
> Anyone interested?
I can teach, but have limited time. So it will be easier for me to coordinate.
A set of topics can be:
1. Getting Started
2. Data Frames; Basic Statistics
3. Lists, Vectors, Matrices, Arrays
4. Graphs and Data Visualisation
5. Linear Models
6. Making R packages
7. Using R with code in other languages
8. Guide to specialised packages
9. Hypothesis Testing: Decision Making
ASL, CLC, AMS, CMS
More information about the Techtalk