[Techtalk] tls and mail server

Maria McKinley maria at shadlen.org
Thu Oct 29 08:42:16 UTC 2009

So, I'm not sure what was going on here, but its looking a bit
embarassing. It turns out that I was missing /etc/pam.d/imaps, which was
why testsaslauthd was not working. Once I got that working, I went back
through the logs and discovered that imaps was actually only failing for
one ip. It was just that the one ip was failing a lot, and filling up
the logs. I really have no idea why imaps was working without
/etc/pam.d/imaps present, and this evident problem with ldap, that I
discovered while troubleshooting. But, authentication doesn't seem to be
the reason why sieve isn't working, which is what brought me here in the
first place. I think I am going to try to figure out what is going on
with sieve before figuring out what is going on with ldap, which is
working for day to day operations. Btw, I did look at the certs, and
none are expired; looked at the issuer site, and none are revoked.

ugh,
maria