[Techtalk] bind9 and logging

Ricardo Dalceno rddalceno at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 18:42:18 UTC 2009

Hi Maria,

IMHO, the best way of doing it is editing the named.conf. I dont know how or
where is it in Debian but it usually resides on /etc/named or /etc/bind.
Take a look at the Bv9Arm documentation. It is the complete documentation
for Bind ( I think it is in your /usr/share/docs...).

Good luck ;)

Ricardo D. Dalceno

2009/11/5 Maria McKinley <maria at shadlen.org>

> Greetings,
>
> I have followed this procedure to setup bind in a chroot with logging.
>

> http://debian-space.com/master-and-slave-with-chrooted-bind9-on-debian-lenny.html
>
> I can see that there is a log file /var/lib/named/dev/log, but it seems
> that it is empty. I would also really like to have a log file in /var/log.
> Does anyone know what might be wrong with my setup for logging to the
> regular bind log file, and how to also get logging in /var/log? I do know
> that bind is up and working.
>
> thanks,
> maria

Ricardo D. Dalceno