[Techtalk] Urgent Help needed (long post)

Magni Onsoien magnio+lc-techtalk at pvv.ntnu.no
Fri Mar 6 15:22:21 UTC 2009

On 2009-03-05 16:46:49 +0000, Figaro said:
> Hello,
> I'll try what you suggest then report back.
> You may well be correct that the hull has taken too much water.
> The reason one cannot afford to lose this sys. is that there are very
> expen. (for me) prop. CAD/SIM softwares that are daily needed. While
> this is a (my) stand-alone workstation the lic. files from Anysys, the
> Cosmos, etc.. do not allow transfer to a different or new installation.
> At least not without many thousands of **** (pick your favorite currency).

Are you 100% sure they don't allow a reinstall? I used to run (online)
license servers (FLEXlm) with license files from Ansys and others, and
they were tied to the system id, which was based on the MAC address of
the server. As long as the system id remained the same, we could
reinstall the servers. (We could also order new license files when we
changed servers, but that MAY have been because we had a big academic
license - don't know.)

A general advise, too: please try to use complete and correct spelling
on this list. Many of us are not native English speakers, and using lots
of abbreviations for common words is confusing and makes it harder to
read and understand the text. Thanks in advance :)

Magni :)
--
sash is very good for you.