[Techtalk] cyrus missing socket

Maria McKinley maria at shadlen.org
Mon Jun 22 08:30:42 UTC 2009

Hello,

I seem to be having problems with cyrus, because for some reason the
lmtp socket is missing. I thought cyrus would create the socket, after I
added the following line to cyrus.conf and restarted:

lmtpunix	cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp" prefork=0
maxchild=20

But, it didn't
I had also told postfix about the socket.

The directory is owned by cyrus:lmtp. Out of curiousity, I changed it to
be owned by cyrus:mail, and when I restarted cyrus, I got the message:

changed ownership of 'var/run/cyrus/socket' to cyrus:lmtp cyrmaster. So,
I know that it can write to the directory.

So then I thought, maybe I'm suppose to be using some other socket that
is already there, so I searched for an lmtp socket, and found:

/var/spool/postfix/private/lmtp

But, that didn't seem right. Anyone know how the lmtp socket is suppose
to get to the cyrus directory?

thanks,
maria