[Techtalk] Accessing a LUN From Multiple Linux Systems

Gayathri Swaminathan gayathri.swa at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 00:59:54 UTC 2009

Heya,

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 5:51 PM, Joana Botto <joana.botto at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I didn't have the chance yet to try the crossover cable, because the
> serves are in a datacenter and it would be weird for me to go there on
> a weekend, I try to look like having a normal and healthy social life
> =)

Good to have that work/life balance :)

> Each server creates its own cluster with the same name and tries to
> fence the other. Meanwhile I lost one of them with my remote
> experiments.
>
> /var/log/messages shows repeatedly these messages:
>
> Jun 14 23:15:16 BLALMS02 fenced[5479]: fencing node "BLALMS08.EXAMPLE.COM"
> Jun 14 23:15:16 BLALMS02 fenced[5479]: fence "BLALMS08.EXAMPLE.COM" failed
> Jun 14 23:15:21 BLALMS02 fenced[5479]: fencing node "BLALMS08.EXAMPLE.COM"
> Jun 14 23:15:21 BLALMS02 fenced[5479]: fence "BLALMS08.EXAMPLE.COM" failed

Ok, this confirms blalms08.example.com getting fenced and not being in the
domain yet.  The rest of outputs verify/confirm the same. On both nodes acpi
soft-off is disabled - yes? It is disabled with,

chkconfig --level 2345 acpid off (or) by editing /etc/grub/grub.conf kernel
line you have "acpi=off" at the end.

Also can you get us output of,

cat /etc/redhat-release; rpm -qa | grep cman

Want to make sure if you are not running into a bug prior version of cman.

My problem might be very simple but my experience with clusters is
> less than a week.

Oh don't worry about being just less than a week. Often find that breaking
is much needed before learning :)

--
Gayathri Swaminathan
gpgkey: 3EFB3D39