[Techtalk] Accessing a LUN From Multiple Linux Systems

Joana Botto joana.botto at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 23:06:38 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Gayathri
Swaminathan<gayathri.swa at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 8:07 AM, Joana Botto <joana.botto at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I guess from a distribution perspective GFS fits well with Red Hat and
>> OCFS fits well with Suse.
>> Any recommendations?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Joana Botto
>
> Hi:
>
> OCFS2 (Oracle cluster file system libraries) specifically written for
> clusterware for Oracle RAC (real application cluster)
>
> They package this often for latest kernel versions and release it here:
> http://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs2/files/
>
> If you have an enterprise license for RH, GFS would be first choice. If you
> are looking for something free OCFS (or) DRBD with Linux-HA fits nicely for
> a poor man solution. I have used OCFS2 without much pain and planning to
> test out the latter soon.
>
> If you are curious will definitely keep you posted on the outcomes.
>
> --
> Gayathri Swaminathan
> gpgkey: 3EFB3D39
> Volunteer, FDP

Hi Gayathri,

Thank you, would definitely like to be posted on that.

And I'm stuck here:
http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/wiki/FAQ/Fencing#fence_stuck
I'm not sure how to configure fencing methods and devices for a
two-node cluster.
Would the best way to do it be a qdisk?

Regards,
Joana Botto