[Techtalk] Fear and Loathing About the CLI (was Re: interpreted vs. compiled languages)

Kai MacTane kmactane at gothpunk.com
Wed Jun 10 06:16:18 UTC 2009

Carla Schroder wrote:
> everyone who perpetrates whiny helplessness. Current fave peeve:
> people who spread fear and loathing about the CLI.

Fear and loathing about command-line interfaces? Huh? I haven't seen
such things. Could you throw me some links? I'd love to see such silliness.

GUIs have their uses, but there are so many things that CLIs can do that
  GUIs can't that I sometimes wonder why the CLI is languishing in such
obscurity.

                                                 --Kai MacTane