[Techtalk] Buying/leasing IP addresses

Kelly Jones kelly.terry.jones at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 02:04:00 UTC 2009

My webhosting provider gave me an IP address when I signed up + will
give me more for an extra fee.

Question: can I buy/lease an IP address directly from someone else
instead of going through my provider?

In other words, I want to get an IP address and then update all
routers (including my provider's own router) to route traffic for that
address to a MAC address/machine I specify?

Do-able? Easy?