[Techtalk] gaming setup

Rudy Zijlstra rudy at grumpydevil.homelinux.org
Mon Jan 26 19:42:04 UTC 2009

Op maandag 26-01-2009 om 09:03 uur [tijdzone -0800], schreef Natalee
Thomason:
> Has anybody tried running Vista as the guest OS through VMWare on a
> Linux host for games? I tried
> installing spiderwick chronicles and the hobbit using wine on Kubuntu
> 8.10 ( intrepid ) with no success. I ended up installing Vista as the
> host OS and then using VMWare to run Kubuntu for everything else
> non-gaming. Just wondering if anybody had tried it...

Sigh... investigated this for different reason. Could not get VMware to
run on Debian, so i started using KVM. Now i have XP running on Debian
in a KVM virutal machine.

Was not willing to at short notice investigate Ubuntu, which *is*
supported by VMWare.

Cheers,

Rudy