[Techtalk] developing online shops

Augustina Blair missaugustina at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 23:29:29 UTC 2009

I'm a big fan of Adobe Flex.  For hosting, you only need to upload a SWF
file and your site will work on any platform that supports Flash.  You also
don't have to mess with CSS.  You can get data integration using PHP's XML
libs (Flex requires data passed to it in XML format), there are also Flex on
Rails libraries.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/
http://flex.org/
Here's a sample you can download -
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/tourdeflex/

Another cool thing about Flex, you can also turn your web app into a
standalone app with Air pretty easily.

Augustina