[Techtalk] Prodigal daughter and dual boot woes

Chris Wilson chris+linuxchix at aptivate.org
Fri Apr 17 09:29:34 UTC 2009

Hi Amanda,

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009, Amanda Haynes wrote:

> To make a long story longer, after a week of trying, and googling, and
> trying again, and reading forums, and reinstalling both OSs, multiple
> times I still have failed to successfully dual boot Kubuntu 8.1 and
> Vista.  After more forum surfing I have come to the conclusion that my
> shiny Dell with "hardware" RAID 1 is the issue.  Furthermore, it
> "sounds" to me like it can be done, but it might not be worth the
> effort.

You haven't told us what's actually wrong with the RAID, and why you can't
boot Ubuntu or dual boot, or even what kind of RAID controller it is.

Cheers, Chris.
--
Aptivate | http://www.aptivate.org | Phone: +44 1223 760887
The Humanitarian Centre, Fenner's, Gresham Road, Cambridge CB1 2ES

with company number 04980791.