[Techtalk] 1Il 2Z 5S 6G 0OQ 8B etc problem

Kelly Jones kelly.terry.jones at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 13:14:33 UTC 2009

Thanks, Kai.

This solves the problem for stuff I write, but I was wondering if
there was a better solution in general.

For example, I was recently entering a license key, but kept confusing
one for ell and eight for bee. I eventually got it (after 4 tries!),
but wondered if someone had solved this problem once and for all.

The ideal characterset would contain only one of "bee" and "eight"
(let's say "eight"), and automatically map "bee" to "eight".

Has anyone done something like this?