[Techtalk] google searching

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Wed Apr 15 04:20:25 UTC 2009

Maria McKinley writes:
> This is something that has been bugging me for a while. Google seems to
> ignore symbols and punctuation, stuff that is often critical for
> searching for coding info. Doesn't seem to matter if you put stuff in
> quotes or not

I don't have a solution, only validation that you're not the only
one bugged by this. I hit it at least once every couple of days.
I suppose google is omitting the punctuation marks entirely in their
databases, because they only get in the way of text searches ... but
it's very frustrating and makes a lot of technical searches impossible.

	...Akkana