[Techtalk] Installing XP without affectin Linux

Christine Bussman olearyck at geek-den.net
Fri Apr 3 15:31:36 UTC 2009

Alvin Goats wrote:
> I live in the USA, so it might be a difference in the US and rest of the
> world distributions. I've had to "remove Linux" since Windows98.
>
> Alvin

I haven't seen this problem either, either with a Dell locked full
install cd or another US oem cd that was not locked to a particular
manufacturer.  Win 98 was a monster, but OEM XP home doesn't seem to be
a problem.  Or are you putting linux at the beginning of the drive?
I've always let windows have the first partition.

Christine