[Techtalk] Quanta usage and tutorials

Linda de Boer ldb at swmbo.ca
Mon Sep 8 20:12:11 UTC 2008

G'day

I've read lots about Quanta being a good replacement for Dreamweaver.
Part of my problem may be that I've never used Dreamweaver or the like.
I did webpages by hand for a long time and was "prodded" that it would
be better to go with this type of setup to speed work up.

I have used Joomla and CakePHP though. Typically in the past if I'm
having this much trouble its' because I'm trying to do the work that
its' doing for me, and I'm searching for where to put code or something
that it has already takes care of. And of course since it's so simple,
they don't mention that in the manual.

I think I'm stuck therefore.

It appears that Quanta is still a going concern, some postings for 2008
and a new package which I have installed. My problem is that I can't
find a simple tutorial to get the basics down. I'm trying to see how to
start from scratch, setup a template for the webpage and then do the
individual pages. Is there any info on that? Have I missed it in the
docs I've been reading online (going back there once this posts).  I'm
just missing that one little cotter pin that holds it all together.

Can someone out there possibly point me to enlightening documents, where
to look for a good tutorial that doesn't involve another product I'm
also unfamiliar with? Or just point out what I'm not clicking with?

Please help <white flag raised here> ..........

--
ldb