[Techtalk] routing question

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Mon Oct 6 15:02:23 UTC 2008

I want to use a wireless laptop as a temporary router for a wired PC. But my
poor old brain has forgotten how. Here is the setup:

Internet

local router/WAP: 192.168.1.10, 192.168.2.10, 12.34.56.78 (Internet)

laptop 192.168.2.25 (wireless), 192.168.3.10 (wired)

wired PC 192.168.3.11

I have IP forwarding turned on in the laptop. The laptop and wired PC can ping
each other, and the PC can ping both laptop addresses. But I can't get past
that- can't ping the router or get Internet. The laptop has Internet and can
access the rest of the LAN. I have the default gateway on the wired PC set to
192.168.3.10.

So what am I doing wrong? Or better, how do I do it right?

thanks!
Carla
--
Carla Schroder