[Techtalk] automatic server administration software

Jennifer oneferna at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 16:44:51 UTC 2008

Hi everybody,

I'm looking at changing our automatic server administration software. Well
actually I'm just looking to see if there is something better.

Right now I use cfengine, cron, and CVS. So I update config files, commit
them in CVS, a cronjob runs that checks for updates and based on a whole
bunch of rules, cfengine copies the right config files to the right places
and reboots the service.

So what I'm wondering is what everyone else is using to automagically update
their servers.

Anyone use Puppet?

Thanks!