[Techtalk] PDFedit is so slow...

Ivy Foster ivy.foster at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 19:54:38 UTC 2008

Emma Rath <emma at kiddiesgames.com> wrote:
> PDFedit is so slow when I add text. can anyone recommend another PDF editing
> tool?

If you're just filling out/annotating an extant PDF file, you can convert it to
postscript with pdf2ps, edit it with flpsed (though that depends on FLTK), and
then change it back to a PDF when you're done. Not the best solution, but true
to its name flpsed is a fast and light ps editor.

If you're creating a whole new one, you can save or print to that in pretty much
any Linux word processor. It might also be worth your time to learn LaTeX, but
that's another story altogether.

Anyway, just my two cents...

Ivy

--
                If I Ever Become An Evil Villainess...
61. If my advisers ask "Why are you risking everything on such a mad