[Techtalk] Changing the character encoding of multiple files

frauke kttywu at yahoo.de
Wed May 28 13:09:28 UTC 2008

Hi there,

I've been playing around with OScommerce recently and tried to set up an
oline shop in different languages (russian, german and english). I use
utf-8 as the standard encoding on my system, so all the descriptions of
the catalogue items, that I type in on the administration page are utf-8
encoded, but the framework of the shop is ISO-8859-1 encoded.

I managed to convert all the files, that create the russian version of
the framework, using enca, but enca doesn't support 'de' as a locale
(it's designed only for conversion of eastern-european languages). Does
anyone know of a tool that supports conversion of multiple (php-) files
into unicode?

Thanks,
frauke