[Techtalk] Security question

mmp_fox at bellsouth.net mmp_fox at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 13 19:29:40 UTC 2008

Any products compiled libwrap can be used directly.  Other services must be used "through" things like the wrappers or xinetd (which have the wrapper built into them).

To see if a binary has libwrap.so in it directly:
ldd binaryFileName | grep libwrap.

If nothing comes back, it doesn't have libwrap.

- Barbara Fox