[Techtalk] Security question

Adric Net Adric at adric.net
Thu Mar 13 05:00:16 UTC 2008

Hi,

The files you referenced are, as far I can recall, part of the tcp
wrapperd (tcpd) package
by Wietse Venema. Only programs that are written with tcpwrappers
(link the library?) or
run through tcpd ( in [x]inetd ) will be affected by them.

I think ssh (openssh) does use wrappers, but you'd have to check your
ftpd to see if
it does or if you are wrapping it in inetd.

Hope that helps,
adric