[Techtalk] nvidia mystery

Jennifer oneferna at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 02:07:37 UTC 2008

I have used nvidia+linux for awhile now. In ubuntu I use to use automatix
(which some people think is dangerous) but lately gutsy has nvidia drivers
in the Synaptic Package Manager. But from your link, you have the same
drivers I do. Weird.

Oh one thing, did you enable restricted drivers? Go to
System>Admin>Restricted Drivers Manager and make sure nvidia is checked off
and in use.