[Techtalk] Asus EeePC

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Mon Jun 23 01:15:32 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 11:13:19PM -0500, Billie Walsh wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with these things?
>
> What I'm wondering about is different software. I looked at the built in
> "Add Remove Software" stuff and didn't see a lot of choice available.
> I'm not sure what else I might want, but one never knows. I am NOT much
> use at CLI stuff and so far I haven't seen an option for a terminal
> screen anywhere anyway.

I love my eeePC.  I was intending to stick with the installed Xandros
for a while, but the day after I bought it, I followed the official
instructions for how to upgrade the software to more recent versions,
and it broke firefox.  So I gave up Xandros as a bad job and installed
eeeXubuntu, which I liked so much that I changed over my other computers
to Xubuntu. 8-)

Kathryn Andersen