[Techtalk] PDF text issues

Wim De Smet kromagg at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 15:50:02 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 6:11 AM, AstroGirl <astrogirl at spin.net.au> wrote:
> I think I messed-up a config file when I last did an etc-update (although I
> thought I was being extra careful this time - there's always something that
> goes wrong.) When I open the file with kghostscript, and allow it to show me
> the errors, the specific file I'm looking at has no errors to report and it
> shows up nicely.

I assume with you mentioning etc-update that this is gentoo or
something? Might be that xpdf et al. now all rely on the same library.
I _think_ it's libpoppler or a similar sounding name. You can probably
find the dependencies of kdpf and follow them to the right library.
Anyway, might have been an update of that contained a bug or one of
the things that depends on no longer works, so that's where I'd start,
possibly all you need do is update it again.

greets,
Wim