[Techtalk] Printing quality of web pages from HP 5L

Anne Wainwright anotheranne at fables.co.za
Sat Jul 26 19:27:03 UTC 2008

Hi, all,

For the record I printed out this page using my trusty HP 5L via CUPS

http://search.cpan.org/~gaas/HTML-Parser-3.56/lib/HTML/Entities.pm

The boxed items showing code come out very faint - barely legible in fact - whether I set to grayscale or colour (those are the options, no mono or similar option).

Have to say the print output in general under Win is better; whatever font I use the fine lines are always fading away a bit so tend to use a bigger font in linux)

Any comments on how i could improve the situation? Maybe it is a driver issue. Not sure what one I used,  It says

HP Laserjet 5, foomatic+gimp-print-ijs

so possibly one saying gimp. (and for the record, just what is foomatic?)

bestest with thanks
Anne

--
so much to do, so little time :(