[Techtalk] Clearing a port

B Seeger seeger at prosensing.com
Wed Jul 9 13:26:20 UTC 2008

Hi Michelle,

On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 22:09 +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Maybe you should start a NEW THREAD instead of hijacking an existing one?

I'm not hijacking any thread here. I'm just wondering if there's a way
to short cut how long the computer keeps the port open, when the server
that was using it (on that same computer) has stopped listening to it.

Trouble is that a client is still connected too it, awaiting timeout.
There may not be a way to clear said port, but was worth asking.

-Bethany