[Techtalk] managing large numbers of IP addresses, multiple name servers

Linda Pahdoco linda at meridian-ds.com
Wed Jan 30 19:56:37 UTC 2008

Carla Schroder wrote:
> I've been approached by a couple of IPAM (IP address management) vendors
> recently to review their products. I'm not particularly interested in
> overpriced commercial guff, but it did get me to wondering- what do admins
> who have to track thousands of addresses and multiple name servers use to
> keep track of everything?
>
> Carla

We use a custom written php/mysql solution. I suspect there's something
easier or better or however you want to put it available, because right
now adding a new block to RDNS is a major undertaking, and SPF is out of
the question.

So...I'm interested in other folks ideas, especially those who use some
sort of open source manager.

LP