[Techtalk] I just installed debian etch 4.0

Sal Hardy tech-talk at htpad.com
Fri Feb 1 11:32:26 UTC 2008

Hello,

does this mean the newly installed debian Unix box is automatically
configured to listen for clients connecting?

I did not do anything in the way of configuration to the new Linux OS. also,
it is using the default graphical interface.

are you saying all I have to do is turn on the new Linux machine, figure out
the IP address, go to the other computer, load the telnet.exe vista
software, type in: open 192.168.1.45 and it should connect?

I am asking for clarification because I will not have a lot of time to try
connecting when my sited helper arrives on wedsday. I will need to know
exactly what to tell her.