[Techtalk] WSDL documentation program like perldoc/etc?

Kelly Jones kelly.terry.jones at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 21:09:27 UTC 2008

Many WSDL documents include end-user documentation, but its ugly and
hard to read. Example:

   <operation name="LatLonListZipCode">
      <documentation>Returns a list of latitude and longitude pairs with each p\
air corresponding to an input zip code.</documentation>
      <input  message="tns:LatLonListZipCodeRequest"/>
      <output message="tns:LatLonListZipCodeResponse"/>
   </operation>

Is there anything that reformats this "perldoc" style? Example:

== CUT HERE ==

LatLonListZipCodeResponse LatLonListZipCode (LatLonListZipCodeRequest $x)

Returns a list of latitude and longitude pairs with each pair
corresponding to an input zip code.

== CUT HERE ==

LatLonListZipCodeRequest is defined like this:

<message name="LatLonListZipCodeRequest">
   <part name="zipCodeList"       type="typens:zipCodeListType" />
</message>

and zipCodeListType is defined like this:

 <xsd:simpleType name="zipCodeListType">
  <xsd:restriction base='xsd:string'>
   <xsd:pattern value="\d{5}(\-\d{4})?( \d{5}(\-\d{4})?)*" />
  </xsd:restriction>
 </xsd:simpleType>

so the formatted result might look like this:

Object LatLonListZipCodeRequest {
 string zipCodeList;
}

or something.