[Techtalk] Howto remove everything email-related from Debian?

lois at brasshat.net lois at brasshat.net
Thu Sep 27 14:56:40 UTC 2007

Hello list! 8)

I have a really low spec virtual server with very little RAM. I managed to
remove most of the services (i only need cron and sshd), but sometimes the
system wants to send emails and it starts qmail processes that i cannot
disable for some reason.
Is there any way to disable all email stuff besides deleting all email
related programms?

Thankies!

x Lois x

PS: I am new. Hello again .. Maybe you will need more info:

- Debian Etch minimal
- I only have a few Bash/Ruby scripts running via cron
- Sometimes those break with:
16012 ?        S      0:00 bin/qmail-queue
17874 ?        S      0:00 /usr/sbin/cron
17875 ?        Zs     0:00 [sh] <defunct>
17877 ?        S      0:00 bin/qmail-inject -H --