[Techtalk] Programming language for a beginner?

Sarah Newman newmans at sonic.net
Fri Nov 30 16:34:31 UTC 2007

When you are comfortable with at least one language, I would try
different languages that encourage different programming paradigms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programming_paradigm

The ones to look at are object oriented, procedural, and functional.

Someone help me out with languages for each, but I'm thinking python, C,
and scheme.