[Techtalk] opinions wanted!

MK Hayes mk_hayes at charter.net
Fri Nov 30 17:24:39 UTC 2007

My husband has the Linux and programming library in the basement, but
your book lives on my desk. (Except when he steals it.) Things that are
currently of interest in our home networked environment:

-Wireless, especially network switching on the laptops.
-NAS
-Virtualization: We keep a Win box for doing the taxes every year.
-And some kind of instant message server. We tried to set this up but
failed miserably. We're only looking to do an intranet service, but
multiple boxes, and OS's.

Many thanks for the first edition. You've made me look cleverer than I
am. (Samba works and it was all me! Or you mostly. Shh!) And re-scanning
the toc has shown me the recover root password solution. (Current issue
on one of his experimental boxes.) I've also noticed there's nothing on
NFS, which is probably why I can't fix it when it suddenly doesn't
work.

MK