[Techtalk] Server clustering

Ricardo Dalceno rddalceno at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 14:50:28 UTC 2007

Hi Betty,

First of all, what kind of cluster are you considering to build ? HA ?
If so, it MAY be a good idea. If one blade crashes, you have another one to
continue the work while you fix the problem.
But, if the chassis crashes (because of a power fault, for example) you will
loose all your systems running on that chassis.
If you are thinking in a performance cluster, using the computational power
of some (or all) blades, it is a good idea.
Unfortunately, i don't know how to build any of these in a Windows
environment.