[Techtalk] dpkg --set-selections help

Maria McKinley maria at shadlen.org
Wed May 23 21:09:53 UTC 2007

Hi there,

When I used dpkg --get-selections from my old hard drive, somehow a
deinstall the kernel-image got in the list, and I didn't notice it until
I did set-selections on the new machine. Now I can't get rid of it from
the package selection list. Apparently some versions of dpkg have a
clear-selections option, but mine apparently does not. Anyone have any
ideas? I don't know why removing it from the list and doing
set-selections again did not work, but it didn't...

thanks,
maria