[Techtalk] backup ldap server

Nick Celebic nick-list at kelcom.igs.net
Fri May 18 17:25:47 UTC 2007

On Wed, 16 May 2007 12:37:19 -0700
Maria McKinley <maria at shadlen.org> wrote:

> Anyone know how to setup a backup ldap server? I've been googling,
> but haven't found much, and I am in a bit of a time crunch.
>
> ~maria

Backup LDAP server for reading only, you can use slurpd on openldap 2.x

For dual masters, it gets sticky.  IMHO, openldap sucks for doing that,
they don't communicate and lock with each other.  You have to ensure
from whatever is writing to LDAP, that it never write to the same
object at one time.

You may want to look at a different ldap server.  I think that RedHat
released one unless you're stuck with openldap.