[Techtalk] one server, two wiki sites (pmwiki)

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Thu May 10 22:16:55 UTC 2007

On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 02:28:48PM -0700, Maria McKinley wrote:
> Kathryn Andersen wrote:
> >On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 12:04:08PM -0700, Maria McKinley wrote:
[snip]

(Please trim your replies, okay?)
> Helpful info Kathryn, thanks. I'm using this for a wiki I actually want
> people to edit, so I won't use your tips for that yet, but might when I
> convert my own site to a wiki. So, how do you edit your pages? I don't
> see an edit button or anything.

Ah, I have a cunning skin I wrote for my site (so as to match the look
and feel of the non-PmWiki parts of the site); it's called the "Bonny"
skin: http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/BonnySkin

I set it up with an optional "CMS" mode, which has two effects:
(a) when one isn't logged in, the usual Page Actions are hidden; the
only one available is the "Login" link.
(b) I've set up the CSS so that the "Login" link is hard to see until
you hover your mouse over it.
If you move your mouse to the top right area of the page, or to the
bottom left area of the page, and move around a bit, you should find the
"Login" link.

If you can't find it, it's easier to see with the "silver" theme:
http://www.katspace.org/Computers/Computers?bonny_theme=silver

Kathryn Andersen