[Techtalk] Timidity and Alsa

David Sumbler david at aeolia.co.uk
Mon May 7 11:13:32 UTC 2007

A couple of weeks ago I upgraded my Ubuntu installation from Edgy to
Feisty.

I have sound in some applications, but not all.  Every time I boot I am
told that Alsa can't be started, because Timidity is not configured, and
I need to edit /etc/default/timidity.  I've had a look at this file, but
I have no idea what I am supposed to put in it.  The current version of
the file only has one active line, which (with the preceding comment)
is:

# Setting overrides (of /etc/timidity.conf) for the ALSA sequencer
daemon
TIM_ALSASEQPARAMS="-B2,8 -Os"

Does anyone have any idea what I am supposed to do to get Alsa to start
properly?

Thanks in advance for any help.

David

--