[Techtalk] editing of .asp files

Cynthia Kiser cnk at ugcs.caltech.edu
Fri May 4 18:27:36 UTC 2007

Quoting Rudy Zijlstra <rudy at grumpydevil.homelinux.org>:
> Hello list,
>
> Does anyone here know of a good tool to edit web .asp files?
>
> So far the only tool we have found is "vim" or any other simple text
> editor. Is there something that understands .asp?

Any basic text editor should work. To get syntax highlighting, you can
probably set up your text editor to thinkg .asp files are .html. For
example, in emacs, open the file and then type M-x html-mode (you may
also need M-x font-lock-mode for syntax highlighting).

Or you can use any standard webish tool: Dreamweaver, SubEthaEdit,
BBEdit. For a free Dreamweaverish tool, try Nvu http://www.nvu.com/

--
Cynthia N. Kiser
cnk at ugcs.caltech.edu