[Techtalk] new Course starting: Spineful Living

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Fri Mar 30 17:09:36 UTC 2007

You are cordially invited to join the Spineful Living course!

The title I really wanted for this course
was "how-not-to-be-a-doormat-but-instead-a-confident-person-who-gets-what-she-wants-and-doesn't
waste-half-her-life-kicking-herself-for-being-a-spineless-wuss." Which is a
bit awkward, so instead I'm going to call it "Spineful Living," which I hope
conveys the same message.

This course will cover a rather wide territory:

1. Developing useful defense mechanisms for a number of common situations
2. Learning to command respect and make people take you seriously
3. Setting positive goals and going for them
4. Taking charge of your life and doing what you want, rather than letting
yourself get knocked thither and yon like an aimless chip on the waves

This course is open to everyone.The lessons will be archived on linuxchix.org,
and in the Course list archive at
http://linuxchix.org/mailman/listinfo/courses. Lessons will run approximately
one per week for however long it remains useful and interesting.

The subject line on the Courses mailing list is [Spineful Living] for easy
filtering.

Official launch is this afternoon, so if you're not already signed up for the
Courses list, sign up now at http://linuxchix.org/mailman/listinfo/courses.

All Chixxers should also sign up for the Announce list,
http://linuxchix.org/mailman/listinfo/announce. It is low volume, and is the
official list for making these sorts of announcements.

--
Carla Schroder