[Techtalk] ldap passwords

Maria McKinley maria at shadlen.org
Fri Mar 23 16:48:22 UTC 2007

Hi there,

I had something go horribly wrong with a users vacation reply (setup
with websieve through squirrelmail). Basically it went through every
email in her entire mailbox (not just her inbox, we're talking thousands
  and thousands of emails), and replied to each message as if she were
just receiving it, with a vacation notice. I was trying to fix it as it
was happening, but couldn't figure out how to stop it. What I realize
now I should have done was change her ldap password, and log into
squirrelmail filtering and changed her vacation settings (and see what
the heck they were set to), but I would want a way to switch back her
password after I was done. Is there any way to temporarily change
someone's ldap password?

thanks,
maria