[Techtalk] mutt, mbox mailboxes, FC6 and noticing new mail

Eeva Järvinen eevaj at welho.com
Fri Jun 15 07:18:05 UTC 2007

Hi again,

The filesystems involved are mounted with defaults, so atime should be
in use, and since mutt occasionally has sniffed the mboxes correctly,
I suspect it's not an atime problem.

However, I found something else that I had clobbered when transferring
the files: silly me had copied the crucial files on an USB stick!
Which means, d'oh -obviously, that file attributes go all boink, which
in its turn may have had $DEITY knows what effects on programs.  I
fixed the rights and see what happens.  And try to remember to tar
everything into a nice ball before transferring files on VFAT
filesystems.

Eeva

--
Secretum meum mihi.