[Techtalk] connecting to network after bootup

MK Hayes mk_hayes at charter.net
Thu Jun 14 22:42:53 UTC 2007

As I actually run Fedora, I thought I'd chime in.

Two things should work.

Thing 1: /sbin/dhclient eth0 [or eth1 or wlan0 whatever interface you're
using.]

I don't think you have to be root for that.

Thing 2: (Anisa's on the right track) /etc/init.d/service network
restart

You will have to su to run that command.

MK